Working in collaboration with CEOP and Parent Zone, ParentInfo contains a wide range of useful, easy to read articles. The website has been embedded below with content aimed specifically towards primary education; for the full list of articles, click here to be taken to the main site.
Parenting in a Digital World
Created by 2Simple, this handy guide contains helpful information and advice about elements such as digital devices, online reputation and general e-Safety. The information provided in the guide underpins what is taught in e-Safety lessons at Radstock. Click here to download the guide.
Sites for Parents
- Childnet International is an international organisation specialising in internet safety and offering advice.
- Dfe Advice for Parents on cyberbullying.
- Facebook family safety centre provides information, tools and resources.
- Parental Controls is a site which will give you specific advice about how to set up devices in your home to protect your child.
- Parentport provides key tips and safety advice.
- PEGI Ratings guide. A guide to the different ratings on games.
- The UK Safer Internet Centre is a European funded organisation with advice for parents.
- Think U Know Parent's Site is operated by CEOP, which is the Child Exploitation and Online Protection command (the UK Police's online presence). It contains advice, help and report for parents and for children.
- Vodafone produce a Digital Parenting magazine with articles and helpful advice. This is available to download as a .pdf or view online.
- VPN Beginner's guide. A guide to Virtual Private Networks, including what they do and how they work.
- Internet Matters. A guide to keeping children safe online.
- London Grid for Learning. A guide to keeping children safe online.
- NetAware. A guide by the NSPCC on social media, games and apps.
- ThinkUKnow. A guide for children and adults from the National Crime Agency.
Sites for Children
- CBBC Internet Safety site
- Childnet International Primary Site - the home of the SMART internet rules.
- Cyber Cafe. CEOP's site for 7-11 year olds
- Hector's World. CEOP's site for 5-7 year olds
- Interland. Created by Google, this interactive site aims to teach KS2 children about many facets of online safety. Children learn through entertaining, quiz-style games spanning across four different 'Internet Awesome' kingdoms!